The world’s largest online provider for firefighters has hailed the ‘extraordinary’ journey of WASP Rescue.
Fire Product Search heaped praise on the innovative but simple monitoring system designed to protect emergency service workers and members of the public.
The WASP is the world’s first digital monitoring system created specially to monitor for movement and vibration.
It is designed to keep emergency services workers safe in a variety of scenarios and has been adopted by fire brigades and urban search and rescue teams around the world.
Fire Product Search wrote: “The journey of the WASP Rescue has been quite extraordinary in just its first year.
“It was launched in September 2016 at the Emergency Services Show. Whilst initially created to protect Urban Search and Rescue teams, the WASP has already been used in a variety of scenarios from RTC’s, trench rescues, shoring and unstable structures.
“In just 12 months the WASP is being used in New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, America, Germany and across the United Kingdom. The WASP now forms part of the official UKISAR cache list and was shown at the INSARAG team leaders meeting in Japan.
“Its good to see new and innovative products in action, and here are just a handful of the situations the WASP has been deployed in to date.”
Fire Product Search provides the latest information on firefighting and fire rescue equipment as well as the largest and most detailed database of fire and rescue companies in the world.
Originally launched back in 2007 the Fire Product Search website serves an ever-growing international community of fire and rescue industry professionals including both the trade and end users.
They are the world’s largest online interactive product and suppliers database serving the firefighting and fire rescue industries with site users from Europe, USA, Asia, Middle East, South & Central America and Australasia searching for the latest firefighting and rescue equipment.
Fire chiefs, fire service industry specifiers, professional firefighters, fire training officers, volunteer firefighters, technical rescue teams and trade specialists covering the field of firefighting and rescue all use their website.
They wrote about the WASP in February and highlighted six incidents in which the WASP had been deployed which went onto make international headlines.
- Grenfell Tower, London – June 2017
- WW2 Bomb, Birmingham – May 2017
- RTC, Ice Cream Shop, Warwickshire – May 2017
- Pedestrian Bridge, M20, Kent – August 2016
- House Explosion, Manchester – August, 2016
- Warehouse Worker Rescue, Staffordshire – May, 2016
Fire Product Search Facts
- Fire Product Search is the highest ranking most used website serving the international fire and rescue community.
- Fire Product Search is an interactive product guide for fire industry professionals with high monthly unique visitor number statistics.
- The majority of visitors are interested in purchasing or researching firefighting and rescue equipment.
- Fire Product Search has the largest and most detailed database of firefighting and fire rescue equipment and products in the world.
- Fire Product Search has been specially designed to make searching for products a quick and easy experience.
- They offer expert commentary, a FREE monthly e-newsletter, information on global fire conferences and exhibitions plus the latest industry and product news.
- Fire Product Search was first launched in 2007, it was completely re-designed and re-launched in the summer of 2011. This is the third generation of the Fire Product Search website and was launched in September 2016.
Read Fire Product Search Coverage
* Onside PR worked with WASP Rescue for the past three years, creating the WASP Rescue brand, website, marketing collateral and ongoing management of the WASP brand.
We have created an array of marketing collateral created to promote the WASP brand attracting new customers and media attention around the world.
Get in touch to see how Onside PR could help your business flourish and obtain media coverage by clicking this link.